- Expert Committee Recommendations Regarding the Prevention, Assessment, and Treatment of Child and Adolescent Overweight and Obesity: Summary Report
Barlow SE. Pediatrics. 2007;120 Suppl :S164–92.
- A Comparison of Survival, Growth, and Pulmonary Function in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis in Boston and Toronto
Corey M, McLaughlin FJ, Williams M, Levison H. J Clin Epidemiol 1988;41:583–91.
- Prevention of Rickets and Vitamin D Deficiency in Infants, Children, and Adolescents
Wagner CL, Greer FR. Pediatrics 2008;122:1142–52.
NASPGHAN Guidelines/Position Statements
- Nutrition Support for Neurologically Impaired Children: A Clinical Report of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
Marchand V, Motil KJ. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. 2006;43(1):123–35.
- Clinical Efficacy of Probiotics: Review of the Evidence with Focus on Children
Michail S, Sylvester F, Fuchs G, Issenman R. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. 2006;43(4):550–7.
- Nutritional Strategy for Adolescents Undergoing Bariatric Surgery: Report of A Working Group of the Nutrition Committee of NASPGHAN/NACHRI
Fullmer MA, Abrams SH, Hrovat K, Mooney L, Scheimann AO, Hillman JB, Suskind DL. Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition. 2012;54(1):125–35.
- Use of Enteral Nutrition for the Control of Intestinal Inflammation in Pediatric Crohn Disease
Critch J, Day AS, Otley A, King-Moore C, Teitelbaum JE, Shashidhar H. Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition. 2012;54(2):298–305.
- Guideline for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Celiac Disease in Children: Recommendations of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Hill ID, Dirks MH, Liptak GS, Colletti RB, Fasano A, Guandalini S, et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2005;40:1–19.
Other Guidelines/Position Statements
- Infant and Young Child Feeding: Model Chapter for Textbooks for Medical Students and Allied Health Professionals
- Defining Pediatric Malnutrition: A Paradigm Shift Toward Etiology-Related Definitions
Mehta NM, Corkins MR, Lyman B, Malone A, Goday PS, Carney LN, Monczka JL, Plogsted SW, Schwenk WF. Journal of parenteral and enteral nutrition. 2013;37(4):460–81.
- A.S.P.E.N. Clinical Guidelines: Support of Pediatric Patients With Intestinal Failure at Risk of Parenteral Nutrition-Associated Liver Disease
Wales PW, Allen N, Worthington P, George D, Compher C, Teitelbaum D. JPEN. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 2014;38(5):538–557.
- A.S.P.E.N. Clinical Guidelines: Nutrition Support of Hospitalized Pediatric Patients with Obesity
Jesuit C, Dillon C, Compher C, Lenders CM. Journal of parenteral and enteral nutrition. 34(1):13–20.
- Vitamin D Deficiency in Children and it's Management: Review of Current Knowledge and Recommendations
Misra M, Pacaud D, Petryk A, Collett-Solberg PF, Kappy M. Pediatrics 2008;122:398–417.
- Enteral Nutrition Practice Recommendations
Bankhead R, Boullata J, Brantley S, Corkins M, Guenter P, Krenitsky J, Lyman B, Metheny NA, Mueller C, Robbins S, Wessel J. Journal of parenteral and enteral nutrition. 33(2):122–67.
- Diagnosis and Prevention of Iron Deficiency and Iron-Deficiency Anemia in Infants and Young Children (0-3 years of age)
Baker RD, Greer FR. Pediatrics. 2010;126(5):1040–50.
- Body Composition and Nutrition Support in Pediatrics: What to Defend and How Soon to Begin
Cunningham JJ. Nutrition in clinical practice. Official publication of the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 1995;10(5):177–82.
- The Variability of Young Children's Energy Intake
Birch LL, Johnson SL, Andresen G, Peters JC, Schulte MC. The New England Journal of Medicine. 1991;324(4):232–5.
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis in Children and Adults: A Systematic Review and Consensus Recommendations for Diagnosis and Treatment
Furuta GT, Liacouras CA, Collins MH, Gupta SK, Justinich C, Putnam PE, et al. Gastroenterology 2007;133:1342–63.
- Expert Panel on Integrated Guidelines for Cardiovascular Health and Risk Reduction in Children and Adolescents: Summary Report
Pediatrics 2011;128 Suppl :S213–56.
- Identifying and Treating Eating Disorders
NASPGHAN Other Publications/Podcast Series/CME Information
NASPGHAN Video Series
- Duggan C, Sonneville K eds. Manual of Pediatric Nutrition, 5th Edition. PMPH-USA; 2013
- Handbook of Clinical Nutrition by Douglas Heimburger and Jamy Ard
Adult focused, but has some important core nutrition issues such as PN management, and nutrition in different systemic conditions including GI, liver disease, and critical illness.
- Nutrition in Clinical Practice by Katz
Starts out with clinically relevant nutritional biochemistry and then addresses diet and different diseases and also wellness-based topics.
- Pediatric Nutrition Handbook published by the AAP
- The A.S.P.E.N. Pediatric Nutrition Support Core Curriculum, 2nd Edition (2015)
Nutrition in Different Disease Conditions
- Cystic Fibrosis Consensus Report on Nutrition for Pediatric Patients With Cystic Fibrosis
Borowitz, Drucy*; Baker, Robert D.*; Stallings, Virginia. JPGN September 2002 - Volume 35 - Issue 3 - pp 246-259
- IBS and FODMAPS
Hayes PA, Fraher MH, Quigley EMM. Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The Role of Food in Pathogenesis and Management. Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2014;10(3):164-174.
- A Practical Approach to Classifying and Managing Feeding Difficulties
Benny Kerzner, BSc, MBBCh, FCPa, Kim Milano, MS, RDb, William C. MacLean, et al. Pediatrics, 2014
- Liver Disease Nutritional Considerations in Pediatric Liver Disease
Russell Cameron and Debora Kogan-Liberman. Pediatrics in Review 2014 35:493-496; doi:10.1542/pir.35-11-493